HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Outside the box...

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mister Mane

PostSubject: Outside the box...   Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:27 pm

Well lets start this thing off right:

I ran into this one the other day, names have been changed to protect the "Innocent" Suspect

Problem:
Customer John Doe has an all in one printer (I.E. fax, scanner, printer, copier). Customer John Doe can not printer from his computer but has been able to do so in the past, no recent hardware changes to speak of. All other functions of the device all work properly without the computer. Upon looking further into the Services.msc, I discover Windows XP sp 3 doesn't show the Spooler Service or .exe file anywhere on the system but the device's spooler service is on the system via the device's drivers.

Solution:
My solution is to just reinstall Windows since I do not know of a way to restore the missing windows spooler service.

Looking for any comments, feedback, and/or other solutions I might not have thought of. Also any questions you might have

I figured I'd post this since I didn't think a windows system service could be removed off a system completely.
Back to top Go down
http://www.linkedin.com/pub/kenton-plant/23/643/102

Outside the box...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
TechCert - Powered by The Stride Center :: TECHCERT COMMUNITY :: Help Desk-
Jump to:  
Forumotion's free forums | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com